Friday, December 11, 2009

Does the revlon colorstay foundation make you look plastic and cakey?

i've been looking up countless foundations to buy online and the two that keep coming up as good are the mac studio fix and revlon colorstay, i want a foundation that basically makes you look airbrushed and not plastic and cakey like girls in my school!


im being more persuaded to revlon as im pale and the lightest in mac may make me look orange.


makeup people helppp ;DDoes the revlon colorstay foundation make you look plastic and cakey?
hey!





I use the lightest (Ivory) shade in the Revlon Colorstay Foundation and personally I think it's great.





The trick is: that I mix a dollop of the foundation with a little bit of moisturizer and liquid highlighter. This will keep the foundation light and natural instead of giving you a ';cakey'; look. Then I make sure to blend it well into your skin and apply some translucent powder over the foundation. This mix makes sure than the foundation blends with your skin tone and doesn't cover your natural skin's color. It also prevents you from looking orange.





Also the quality of the Revlon foundation is practically the same as the MAC's studio fix.





Good Luck! =)


Hope I helped.Does the revlon colorstay foundation make you look plastic and cakey?
I LOVE revlon colorstay. It doesn't make me breakout and people give me compliments on my skin all the time saying I look like a porcelain doll. I would recommend it! To test for your color; go to the store, open a couple of shades and dab them on your neck. Then walk outside and see which one matches the best. It took me a few times to find the right shade but it was SO worth it! Also, you can go to mac and request a sample of your exact color match and take it with you to the drugstore and match it that way so you don't have to open the bottles. Good Luck!
i've heard that colorstay is really great. it doesn't look plasticy or cakey at all. the only reason why i didn't bu it is because it smells horrendous like chemicals and i couldn't find a shade that matches.





As for MAC, your best bet would be to visit the counter. They color match you on the spot.





Oh and if you're looking for an alternative to color stay that's around the same price, maybelline just came out with a 24 hours superstay foundation. i bought a bottle for $10.49 at walgreens and I LOVE IT. it doesn't smell like chemicals, it doesn't cake, it doesn't look plastic and i found an exact color match for my skin. after trying drugstore foundation after drugstore foundation and even using clinique this is the best foundation i have used so far. and it won't make you break out! hope this helps!
I didn't like it at all. It was too thick for me. I use Cover Girl Trublend liquid foundation. I have very pale skin as well...im almost as pale as milk! lol. but they have the perfect match for me! I'm sure it will for you too. It makes you're skin look perfect and makeup less! plus as a bonus, its super light! I recommend it for people with good skin. People without a lot of acne. or else you will be able to tell you're wearing makeup.





hope it helped (:
like i tried it and like didnt like it because it like made me like brake out but like it doesnt make you look plasticy or makeupy
  • grow hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    bacteria